Policy Area: Academics, Arts, Athletics
All member groups of the SC Foundation will follow guidelines in promoting banner advertising on the SC campus or home field of competition venues during the League and CIF season of play.
The hanging of advertisement banner/signs in designated areas on Sage Creek High School to communicate with parents, students or the general public in order to promote that organization and provide fundraising to the foundation.
Advertising on message boards (except for those on athletic scoreboards) shall be limited to a corporate name included in association with honoring/acknowledging student accomplishments as an individual or through membership on (a) a school team or (b) in a school organization. Advertising displayed in support of athletic events must be mounted toward spectators and away from the extension of the campus. The message shall be on display for a limited period of time, i.e., one-season of sport. The nature of the display and the length of its appearance must be approved in advance by the Principal or designee.
Required Elements for All Signage
- Must contain business name and/or logo.
- Banner will be made of nylon-reinforced vinyl and shall be constructed with grommets for attachment via the use of zip ties.
- Signage size for stadium and fields will be limited to: 5’ height x 8’ width
- Signage for gymnasium will be limited to: 3’ height x 8’ width
- Will include only green, white, gold, and black coloring to align with school colors.
Content and Language
Prohibited material and content:
- Obscene, profane, sexually oriented, abusive, libelous, or slanderous
- Incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the school’s orderly operation.
- Discriminates against, attack or denigrate any group on account of sex, disability, race, color, natural origin, religious creed, age, marital status, or sexual orientation, or promote one group over another.
- Encourages the illegal use of controlled substances or promotes criminal behavior.
- Violates or infringes upon the rights of any other person.
- Products and services which are illegal.
- Reference to tobacco, alcoholic beverages, intoxicants and energy drinks.
- R-rated and X-rated movies and those related to gambling.
- Materials pertaining to political parties, candidates or ballot measures.
- Solicit funds or services for an organization, with the exception of solicitations authorized in Board policy.
Advertisements or other types of promotional messages from sponsors cannot contain photographs or identifiable images of Sage Creek students/athletes. Violation of this policy may jeopardize the student’s athletic eligibility. All advertising and promotion, as well as solicitations, must adhere to the Advertising and Promotion Policy of the Carlsbad Unified School District District.
*Net Cost is delineated ½ to group and ½ to SCF general fund
- Inside Gymnasium for duration of the sport season, 3’height x 8’ width =
ONE SEASON – $600.00, TWO SEASONS – $1100, THREE SEASONS – $1500
- Stadium & fields for duration of the sport season, 5’ height x 8’ width =
ONE SEASON – $600.00, TWO SEASONS – $1100, THREE SEASONS $1500
The SC Foundation respects the intellectual property of others and we ask our staff and member organizations to do the same. It is best to assume that any material (graphic and text) is copyrighted unless specific permission is given to copy it. An e-mail request will usually bring a positive response to the information that you seek.
Disclaimer of Liability
By utilizing this advertising opportunity, you assume full responsibility for any loss, damage, or liability resulting there from, including, but not limited to the use of any materials or information on the banner. You hereby acknowledge that any reliance upon any materials contained on the banner shall be at your own sole risk. This SC Foundation reserves the right, at its sole discretion and without any obligation, to make improvements to, or correct any error or omission in any portion of the materials. The SC Foundation has the right to include or exclude material for the banner based on its content. Reference to any special commercial products, process or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the SC Foundation or its member groups.